Location: Corning, NY
Title: Site Superintendent
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: 0-25%
Clearance: Ability to Obtain
North Wind Site Services is focused on providing engineering, program management, environmental remediation services including investigation and characterization, environmental restoration, unexploded ordnance/military munitions response (MMRP), regulatory public involvement services, environmental compliance, logistics, and records and facility management.
- Responsible for coordinating the site construction schedule, execution plan, and managing subcontractors and personnel as required to successfully complete project on schedule and within budget.
- Finding and procuring local civil services as needed.
- Able to operate, as needed, min-excavators, skid steers, chippers, bull dozers, etc.
- Supervises subcontractors assigned to area of responsibility, provide communications between scopes, planning, monitoring progress to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Be willing and able to perform some labor tasks when deemed necessary, including but not limited to, tree falling, flagging, setting up silt fences and wattles and assisting in loading trailers.
- Ensure enough and correct material is onsite to perform the scheduled task.
- Monitor work performance to ensure permanent work installed meets the project specifications, procedures, and safety requirements are compliant.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Project Manager on identifying problems or issues in order to create Requests for Information.
- Prepare submittal documents and submit to the State as described in the contract.
- Manage progress and production using daily production reports and cost reporting.
- Advise project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, also assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Construction with a trackable project history and increasing levels of responsibility.
- Preferred 5 years of experience as a Supervisor in Construction, with emphasis on working at building remote road access and sites for oil and gas wells, especially old roads and sites.
- Working knowledge of the operation of standard heavy equipment functions.
- Working knowledge on how to demolish tanks and pipelines safely and without spilling any fluids on the ground.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
- Ability to pull and back trailers of all sizes and hitch types onto tight locations and around tight corners.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate subcontractor performance is essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and interpret prints, plans and specifications.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be willing to travel and work from hotels as needed.
- Must be able to pass background requirements and drug screenings.
- OSHA 10 Certification a plus
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.
Candidates may be required to obtain and hold a Secret or Higher US Government Clearance.