North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer's mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The National Security Engineering Division (NSED) has an opening for a qualified Project Controls Analyst with experience in Primavera P6 and Earned Value Management to support NSED’s Weapons and Infrastructure Programs. With minimal direction, the successful candidate will provide support for the implementation of project controls functions in accordance with laboratory and sponsor requirements.
- Coordinate with program teams to develop detailed, resource-loaded schedules that will support earned value reporting.
- Monitor, implement and document baseline change requests (BCRs) following programmatic requirements.
- Working with program team members, proactively obtain, update, review and analyze monthly schedule status.
- Access and apply laboratory financial system and data to support program earned value reporting and analysis.
-Evaluate project performance, conducting trend and forecast analyses; calculation and analysis of cost and schedule variances; and root cause analysis, including preparation of recovery or corrective action plans, identify potential risk areas.
- Prepare complex monthly project performance analysis, schedule status reports, and any additional project documentation as required through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Interface with designated counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks/earned value presentations including participating in project meetings, collecting progress data, coordinating the development of monthly forecast budgets, and revising project plans.
- Develop and provide on-the-job training for project controls procedures and processes
- Ensure integrity of project controls data and compliance with processes and procedures.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Advanced Earned Value implementation and analysis experience in developing and executing program plans.
- Expert knowledge and significant experience using Primavera P6 and significant experience utilizing Excel for financial management.
- Self-motivated problem solver with excellent analytical skills with the ability to work independently where things may not be well defined.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and accuracy while supporting interruptions in a dynamic working environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members and project managers.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.