North Wind Services is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Strategic Deterrence (SD) Directorate has an opening for a Material Coordinator. The successful candidate will have technical, administrative, facility coordination, and ES&H responsibilities. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will interact with programmatic personnel of all technical and administrative/managerial levels to ensure the safety and compliance of SD personnel within DOE, LLNL, and other state and federal ES&H regulations. This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Load, transport, unload, and distribute material.
- Secure loads on trucks using tie-down equipment such as rope, chains, and strapping.
- Operate forklifts, pallet jack, delivery van, and flat beds.
- Provide support on relocation of experiment equipment.
- Provide support to move offices up to and including Associate Director level.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and tracking of materials and supplies.
- Manage excess uncontaminated equipment and electronics and process required paperwork for disposal.
- Work with the building coordinators assisting with miscellaneous projects in facilities.
- Successfully assembles furniture and attaches furniture to walls and floors.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, Security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Recognize and support plans to promote and foster a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability within the workplace.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to operate 2-ton flatbed truck with lift gate.
- Ability to operate a 1/2- and 3/4-ton pickup.
- Ability to operate electric, gasoline, propane powered forklifts up to 4-ton capacity.
- Ability to operate manual, electrical, hydraulic pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of inventory, material flow, and recording information; working knowledge of checklists, spreadsheets, and various tracking documents.
- Practical knowledge of material handling operations, techniques and methods and regulatory requirements.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify appropriate material handling procedural actions and solutions.
- Organizational skills, detail oriented, with experience prioritizing multiple and complex tasks with frequent interruptions and distractions, often with short deadlines.
- Experience working independently as well as functioning as a team player in a multi-discipline team environment where team members include scientists, engineers, technicians, and coordinators.
- Experience in customer satisfaction environment and ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, external vendors, and Laboratory service units.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines at various levels throughout the Laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to promote and value inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability principles in the workplace.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
-Understanding of computer operations and tracking systems.
-Working knowledge of Facility Operations at LLNL.
-Demonstrated knowledge of LLNL ES&H standards, policies, and procedures.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.