North Wind Services is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Human Resources Directorate has an opening in the Employee Tuition Assistance Program for a Program Coordinator to coordinate and support the ETAP program. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow throughby participating with the team in updating system requirements/technology, new processes to coordinate efforts and administrative/logistic work to support the increased scope.
The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Represent the ETAP program in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Auditing ETAP files must be audited frequently to make sure receipts and grades are being turned in in a timely order.
- Work with the EASy developers on issues with the program; improving EASy; and JIRA tickets.
- Provide back-up to staff in ETAP, as needed.
- Assist with the planning, organizing, and coordination of the college fair, the Annual Recognition Program, Student Policy Committee meetings and other types of conferences/meetings including coordination of external visits (University/College personnel), preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Assist the ETAP Leader with administrative duties. Meet with employees when needed and provide support to employees daily.
- Proctor students - Work with students to schedule exam proctoring. Exams last 1-3 ½ hours. Work with universities to make sure exams are being distributed at the proper time. Collect exams, scan, email, or mail exams back to university and ensuring academic integrity. Also ensuring that exams are being received by the university.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to clearly articulate ideas, interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated comprehension, problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: U (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.