Location: Denver, CO
Title: Corporate Recruiter
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: Some
Clearance: Ability to Obtain
North Wind Group companies (North Wind) are small business leaders in the environmental, engineering, construction, and technical consulting industries. Our wide-ranging capabilities allow us to self-perform nearly all aspects of any given work scope, providing our customers with significant cost savings. North Wind Group is a government contracting holding entity that includes 16 subsidiary companies: General Nuclear Operations, North Wind Construction Services, North Wind Dynamics, North Wind Environmental Consulting Services, North Wind General Contractors, North Wind, Inc., North Wind Infrastructure & Technology, North Wind Portage, North Wind Resource Consulting, North Wind Services, North Wind Site Services, North Wind Solutions, Portsmouth Mission Alliance, Silver Mountain Construction, Weldin Construction, and LBYD Engineers, Inc. The North Wind companies share the same proven corporate infrastructure that has been in place for more than 20 years. This group of companies provides significant flexibility and diversity, enabling us to effectively meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations.
The Corporate Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Corporate Human Resources Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent. Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter: develop and execute recruiting plans, network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees; coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives and administrative duties and recordkeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans.
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively, fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Network through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Manage the use of outside recruiters and headhunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Six (6) years of human resources corporate recruiting preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources< (PHR) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building experience.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to select best construction means and methods for accomplishing the work.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
MENTAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly on a technical level.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Reports to and receives guidance from the Director of Human Resources.
- Represents the principal contact with all potential employment candidates and the community at large. Maintains contact with the hiring Manager on a consistent basis and will interface with the client and other staff on a periodic basis.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.