North Wind Services is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Computing Department has an opening in the Information Technology Division for an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will provide operational and administrative support in ensuring the efficient operations of the LivIT Communications Team. The successful candidate will be involved in a blend of administration and coordination tasks, offering vital support to the team’s day-to-day activities. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of duties that require the successful candidate to possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, follow through, and the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced technology environment.
The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Proofread and edit written content for grammar, spelling, and style consistency.
- Format and update documents, presentations, and reports using Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Assist in the preparation of engaging and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations and emails.
- Create, maintain, and update digital content ensuring accuracy, consistent style, and searchability.
- Coordinate and ensure communication plan schedules, meetings, and follow-up tasks are completed.
- Handle administrative tasks related to communication projects, such as responding to requests, scheduling meetings, and distributing prepared content.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure all content standards are met and established processes are followed.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Proven experience in administrative roles, preferably in communications or related fields.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to producing error-free content.
- Advanced proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office 365, especially email management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Strong problem-solving and time management abilities.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience working in an IT environment.
- Experience using ServiceNow.
- Experience with Knowledgebases and information management tools.
- Experience writing policies/procedures.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and reporting business performance metrics.
- Experience in website content management.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.