Location: Honolulu, HI
Title: Project Manager
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: As Needed
Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Weldin Construction, LLC (WCL) is a multi-disciplinary construction company founded in 1991 specializing in commercial and industrial construction in remote locations with challenging logistical requirements. Weldin Construction has proven performance throughout the United States and the Pacific, including projects in Guam, Wake Island, and Johnston Atoll. Weldin is certified under the SBA HUBZone program with over 25 years of experience headquartered in Alaska with offices nationwide.
Performs project management responsibilities, which may include estimating, on medium sized project/s, multiple task orders, or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities. When assigned to only a segment of a larger project, this role develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the overall project management team. The PM will manage, plan, and coordinate, with the superintendent, all activities of the project to ensure that goals and/or objectives of projects are accomplished within the project time frame and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews project proposal/plan with Superintendent to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, self-performance or subcontract
- Organizes and oversees jobsite administration and field supervision
- Assists in the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers
- Develops the project schedule with assistance of the Superintendent and Project Controls Specialist to establish a very defined critical path schedule that meets all contract requirements
- Monitors the progress schedule and its periodic revisions ensuring project stays on track to meet client deliverables and project objectives.
- Ensures site safety is at the forefront of each project
- Works with the Superintendent to identify and resolve any project related issues/changes
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the owner, design professionals, building officials, local businesses, and emergency support
- Prepares project budgets and cost codes
- Prepares project reports, financial updates, and scorecards for management, client, and others
- Manages project execution against a project defined performance baseline for monitoring and controlling schedule, cost and profit using industry standard Earned Value techniques
- Uses project management skills to analyze schedule, cost and profit variances (early warning indicators) to define very specific project recovery plans when variances exceed threshold
- Prepares and submits Design Clarification / Verification Requests (DCVR) and change orders
- Performs and/or manages project scheduling, scoping, clarifying, and pricing effort for assigned preconstruction projects.
- Manages all scope in accordance to contract and when scope is deemed outside contract parameters – works all contract changes including contract modifications and REAs with the client
- Gathers all information necessary to create, monitor, and modify the progress schedule on a continuing basis
- Develops the progress schedule with the Superintendent
- Participates in scope reviews of the various bid packages to properly coordinate and ensure that nothing is either left out or bought twice
- Thorough familiarity with the general contract requirements, with the ability to identify changes, conflicts, etc.
- Works with the Superintendent to develop and administer the site utilization program, site services, security arrangements, and other facilities and arrangements necessary for appropriate service to the construction effort
- Identifies field-construction and work-sequence considerations when finalizing bid package purchases
- Enforces all regulatory, base and company specific safety rules
- Performs job site inspections for both quality and safety
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates with designers and operations team to ensure proper implementation of design with project constructability.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field preferred.
- Possess at least seven (7) years of relevant construction experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to seven (7) years. Relevant experience includes, but not limited to, experience as Project Manager in the construction industry with at least one (1) project with size $3 million or greater or significant experience managing multiple task orders per calendar year.
Skills and Abilities:
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Must have OSHA 30 hour certification
- Demonstration of successful performance as a Project Manager or project engineer on small to medium sized projects
- Significant experience with earned value reporting and baseline management
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow procedures and schedules, and prioritize multiple tasks
- High degree of sensitivity and ability to maintain confidential client and employee information
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes
- Effective professional oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and values that are above-reproach
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
Applicants are required to have REAL ID ACT compliant documentation at time of hire and nothing on record that would prohibit you from gaining access to military installations
- PMP certification, Experience in Government contracting with NAVFAC Pacific and/or USACE POD.
- DoD Construction experience preferred.
- OSHA training 10 hour/30 hour preferred.
- Standard office environment.
- Sedentary physical workload; must be able to exert up to a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body; required to have a close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading; specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, sitting, walking, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Indoor working environment, office setting supporting projects within multiple contracts. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Candidates who reside in SBA designated HUBZone areas will be given special consideration.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.
Candidates may be required to obtain and hold a Secret or Higher US Government Clearance.